Teaching Carers valuable skills
We offer a specific programme to help and support carers to address the issues they encounter on the course and within their caring role. Carers learn new skills and enjoy working towards a more positive future.
Carers come along to:
- Meet others who share similar experiences
- Learn to look after your own health
- Learn confidence building skills
- Focus on your own needs
- Learn new skills to help you cope with your caring situation
- Learning to communicate more positively
- Make Action plans
- Learn about relaxation and better breathing techniques
What carers say about the sessions:
“I found problem-solving particularly good. It’s made me concentrate on solutions not difficulties.”
“Being with others helped me to see I wasn’t alone.”
“I’ve learned to handle things differently”
Sessions are held on a regular basis at locations throughout Calderdale.