Click below to download our latest newsletter
We define a carer as someone who is supporting a relative, friend or neighbour who cannot manage without help due to illness or disability.
We are a charity that exists for the benefit of all adults who care for someone else within Calderdale.
. Whether they are caring for an adult or child, relative, friend or neighbour, we are here to help. We also work to ensure that carers voices are heard by encouraging consultation and involvement at all levels and with all statutory and voluntary bodies in Calderdale.( We are unable to offer services to paid or volunteer care-workers)
Our Services to Carers
- Advice and Support
- Case-working using a whole family approach
- Help to complete carers forms such as Carers Needs Allowance applications etc.
- Carers Support Groups throughout Calderdale
- The Looking After Me Self-Management carers course
- Counselling for Carers
- Carers Emergency Back-up Plans
- Consultation and engagement with carers
Our staff have expert knowledge of carers rights and issues and have many years experience.
The best way to contact us is by telephone on 01422 369101. If we are on another call please leave a message on our answer phone.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. We take our responsibilities under the Act very seriously. We process data lawfully as a legitimate interest and only using data for purposes you could reasonably expect us to use it for. The information provided by you is collected solely for the purpose of providing you with services you request to support you in your caring role. We need this information to maintain accurate records of your name, contact details and caring role. These records enable us, in both yours and our legitimate interests to provide services and to process your data to fulfil the requirements of our contract with Calderdale MBC Adult Health and Social Care.
- You may withdraw your information at any time, and we will ensure we do not contact you further. However in accordance with our contractual and legitimate interests we are required to keep data for 8 years (75 years for children under 18) from the date of your request to remove, unless there is a statutory purpose to keep it for longer.
- You can request a copy of the information we hold about you
- You can have inaccurate information corrected.
- You can complain if you believe your data has not been processed lawfully.
To action any of the above please make your request in writing to our Data Controller Lynn Ward at our registered office. Calderdale Carers Project, Suite 3 Rimani House, Hall Street Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 5BD
Should you wish to read it our Data Protection Policy is available to download on our website www.calderdale-carers.co.uk or alternatively you can contact us and request a copy by post.
If you would like to give us some feedback on our services or make a complaint, please follow our procedures by clicking on the link below
Saturday morning and evening support
If you would like us to call you outside of normal weekday office hours, you can request a call back for a Saturday morning or a weekday evening. Please leave a message on our answerphone to request this, or email us at
Email us at email@example.com
Or write to us at:
Calderdale Carers Project, Rimani House,
14-16 Hall Street, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 5BD
Calderdale Carers Project is a company limited by guarantee. Company No. 3288967
Registered Office: Suite 3, Rimani House, 14-16 Hall Street, Halifax, West Yorks, HX1 5BD
Registered Charity No. 1076012